Friday, February 13, 2009

me and society!!!!!!....

another bromide gospel describing an individual vis-a-vis society....no ,absolutely not.....am penning it down..lets see which way it heads....individuals constitute the society and thus are a very integral cog of the great wheel called "society"....so the question which flashes at my mental plate all at once is which society are we talking about????
Is it the one with which we orient ourselves when we have to say criticize someone or for that matter bad-mouth about someone at his back.???.or Is it the complete antithetical one with which we celebrate our happiness, our personal success or any tangible achievement in our life.....????.or is it the one with whom we compete all the time to establish ourselves as a known face in the crowd ????or is it the people who i feel am responsible and ofcourse answerable to conscientiously???
questions galore !!!!upon intense cogitation, the moot point which comes out is, we have this adumbrate of societal framework which varies from person to person ...and trust me from time to time..(smart ones should have guessed by now).....and thus for me my society is without any tinge of doubt the last one.......this is for me my society.....sounds a bit selfish???yeah ,indeed...but i am not one of those mother teresa kinds who can serve and bring change in the society without expecting anything in return...to corroborate my point lets first get into the etymology of the word society which had its roots in the latin word "societas" which means friendly association with others.....now since i cant have friendly association with all and sundry my society starts with people i know,people who care for me and people for whom i care....

ergo,the other zillion dollar question which deserves to be elucidated is what contribution you have made to society or if i rephrase it what changes i have made to society????
to begin with the two most important person in my life are my mom and dad ....with every passing day i am striving to be a good son which i was not when i was a teen....jus like any other teen,a rebelllious adrenalin rush would always overshadow my sense of reason ,my sense of what is right and what is wrong..(at the risk of sounding tautological)...now this realisation has creeped into me around 4 years ago when i for the first time left my home for by graduate school.....at the onset of my sophomore years this feeling of guilt was killing me until i tried to change myself albeit in small steps......so if through this effort of mine i am getting a smile in their face,a sense of pride for their son..than ya thats my contribution in changing a society and for all those who after reading this blog feel the same than go for it guys its never too late.......
secondly i am one of those kinds who likes motivating people....it comes naturally to me....i cant tolerate a good friend of mine wasting away his life or his\her precious time.....and therefore i cant resist this urge in me to help and motivate them to do something better..as someone has famously said "one who wastes an hour doesnot knows the value of life"...it so happened that one of my friend caught this vice(at the risk of ruffling some feathers) of smoking which he considered cool sadly..i tried tooth and nail to prevent him from getting used to it, on the simple premise that it ultimately harms your body only....and to my utter delight and because of my constant nagging(ya sad but true) he left it and is now seemingly a healthy man..........so these are some of the changes i have brought in my society.....wat about "YOU"?????????
grab it ,dont wait for it!!!!!!
GROANS AWAITED..................

1 comment:

  1. I have heard that Patriotism is an extended form of selfishness and so I would call this a dwarfed form of societal-do-good behavior since ur sphere of influence extends to ur family n frends:)
    Co-incidentally, I wrote a post on how ppl can b nice to total strangers rather than their own family members b'cos it is easier!

    ReplyDelete