Friday, February 20, 2009

the Art of wasting time...

since the day, i acquired the wisdom to discern between right and wrong i was excessively eager to write an article on the "great indian art of wasting time"and now it seems the opportune time has come...i am writing this article at the grave risk of being pumelled into opprobrium by a clique of people(read teenagers)for making this all "pervasive trait" overt, from covert......but that wont deter me from throwing light and enlightening people with my views....being a virtuoso practitioner of this art(of wasting time)myself, which takes a lot of sacrifice,perseverance and self abnegation ,i deem myself to be perfectly suitable for exemplifying my viewpoint.....

right from the time when first rays of sun illumine mother earth,inadvertantly i get myself drawn into this sanctimonius art ,akin to a devotee immersed in worshipping god.........
it begins with me, repeatedly setting the snooze button of my alarm zillion times,juxtaposed with my latent yearnings to the alarm clock to stopwailing in my comatose(yeah morning sleep is like that only)....thus begins my day...now the question that would have definitely crossed the naysayers mind "who on earth can waste the extremely precious morning hours of the day like this???"easy, easy people.......its only "you"who had once said that we should start our day on a happy note and find our happiness in the subtle happenings and occurences around us and its only you who are now behaving like some phoney prophets who dont stick to what they say.........

as the day progresses and i reach my office ,i leave no stone unturned in practising this art into an alltogether unimaginable heights....it starts with me 'orkutiing and chatting on messanger "instead of devoting it to my work.....it manifests further in the form of fooling around here and there with the sole intention of passing time....and did i missed making umpteen trips to cafeteria
..well a totally royal way of wasting time as it seems that with a coffee in your hand i guess there cant be any perfect alibi........with the countenances and subtle expressions in your face inadvertantly projecting that you are serving some higher purpose......

now as it happens there is something called as "Mr.conscience"who exists inside every person on earth...and who like a true moral police keeps a check on what we do and what we shudnt do.....but then after sufficient practise .....(omg..i m letting the cat out of the bag)you gain amazing control over your conscience and even if it says your heading the wrong way...u should have worked for some time????or academically speaking you should have completed this chapter from that book????you tend to overpower it......again i am telling you it cant be perfected in short time....you have to be patient enough at the start ...slowly you conquer it and voila..... you waste time with immaculate expertise..(at the risk of sounding tautological).......

now for all of those who have jumped(prematurely) to the conclusion that i am feeling guilty about it..gimme a break guys ......i dont believe when some people say life is short and that you could get hit by a bus at any moment and that you have to live each day like it's your last. Bullshit. Life is long. You're probably not gonna get hit by a bus. And you're gonna have to live with the choices you make for the next fifty years. So guys and gals live life they way you want....dont let these cliches on "time" be the guiding force of your life....invent some newones for the coming generation ...lets take the pledge together that we should be the harbingers of this era wherein "wasting time" will be considered a cardinal virtue!!!!amen.........

3 comments:

  1. Frankly speaking couldn't sit with tittened lips, but there was a suppressed laughter always while I was reading this piece of thrust..he he..and some kind of identification/affinity drawn with the topic and the writer. Its is so true that we waste time lavishly, and when we realize that we could have done a lot.. its too late.There was a note of optimism in the entire write up and I liked the mocking tone which reflects your easy to do nature, but apparently you know how to manage time I felt...just an apprehension.Anyways most of us do what should not be done and we justify ourselves saying that "i have paved my way, so whether i failed or succeeded at the end of the day...its me who is responsible" and we try to sink into an unfathomable desire of getting started again with the same kind of risks involved or not involved.i guess am done with my load of appreciation...with a pinch of salt...

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I was going to have a short life - Why would I want to be writing that last piece of code, testing the software that smne else wrote, or writing that document?
    When I am being hit by a bus, would I be worrying 'bout how well I wrote that document, code, or tested the software?? Naaah!! I would be wishing I had taken more breaks and found my life - so unless you have cultivated the art of wasting time - you may end up having a loong life which is boring as hell :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. casey honey..it seems that my clarion call has some serious takers...........
    and madhulina thanks a lot for reading my article......to tell u the truth even i was having this weird feeling while writing this article.........and yo know after i wrote this article i kinda liked the humourous feel of this article..........yeah your apprehensions are totally justified...but don wory i am trying to exorcise demons inside me......lets c how things shape up............

    ReplyDelete